Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kid Ruins Diet. No Wait Loss Of Appetite, Is That A Diet?

So doing good, staying on plan. Proud of myself. I am even accomplishing some daily exercise.

Then the kid strikes.

So I went grocery shopping yesterday bought some good, healthy food. Made plans for meals that were straight off the Weight Watchers site. Doing good.

After a great day of exercise...walking and swimming. I come home to make a wonderful dinner for my family.

Eggplant Parmigiana.

Slave over hot stove, make them pasta to go along with it. Before I am even done the six year old is watching and asking lots of questions about dinner. I can tell she has already made the decision to detest it even before tasting.

We sit down and begin to eat. Mmmm it's good, not that I will ever bother making it again. Even the hubby is eating it. I look over at the six year old. She has eaten her pasta, and is pushing the eggplant around. I ask her to try it, she exclaims she did, but from the perfectly round shape on her plate I know that is impossible.

I help her cut it up and request she eat three bites. She takes her first bite and is chewing making awful faces, sowllows. Her dad is getting mad about the faces, he tells her she better just eat it, no faces, or else.

Next bite she takes it and begins to try and gag. She is glaring her dad down, and gaging. He gets up comes around the table, grabs her arm drags her away, she succeeds at this point eggplant on the floor, along with pasta and grapes.

I am most unimpressed, they go in the bedroom/bathroom clean up have a chat, and return. At this point with all the comotion the 18 mth old who was eating fantasically, has lost interest with all the action.

They return as I am coaxing her to eat. Macy sits down, her and her dad have an agreement. He sits down across from her, and she takes her first bite with horrific faces. He gets up moves her to another table, has his back turned as i watch her spew Eggplant onto the table.

Well I am done. I get up silently walk over get her and take her to her room. Clean her up, and get her in bed. She notices at this point I am upset, to her question I reply "I am just very disappointed".

My appetite is gone, I go out. The baby is done, Don's is cold. Wow this was exactly what I had hoped for in support. I take my plate and feed it to the dog, he loved it.

Logged my points, but in reality they are only half what I logged because I never finished. So all and all I am way ahead of the game tonight.

Who Knew....Loss of appetite do they have a point for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment